Following the steps below will provide a smooth path to your product certification:

  • Check that your product meets the requirements for certification and you have test reports demonstrating this (see Information Required for Certification, below). If you are unsure as to what is required or if you do not have test reports, UL can assist. Contact Customer Service for advice and to obtain a quote for the services you require.
  • If you wish to use an agent to act on your behalf, you will have to first sign an agreement authorising that agent.
  • Complete and sign the APPLICATION FORM to apply for new certification, renewing certification, a replacement certificate or registering a product modification or change of particulars.
  • Send the application documents and the required information to one of the addresses below. Samples are not required unless requested by the Certificate Office. Submissions by email are preferred and are required if the model details spreadsheet is completed.
Email: Post: Courier: PO Box 300 330 Albany
Auckland 0752
New Zealand
54 Tarndale Grove Albany
Auckland 0632
New Zealand

The certification process commences when all the required information has been received and the certification fee has been paid (unless prior credit arrangements have been agreed). The maximum turnaround time is ten working days, but we aim to provide turnaround in five or less days. A priority service can be provided subject to workload at the time. Contact Customer Service to enquire about the priority service.

Information required for ANZ Certification

  • Application form.
  • User manual/instructions for use (if not included in the test report.
  • External and internal colour photographs and technical drawings that enable proper identification of the product and any key design features, or a sample of the product.
  • EITHER an accredited test report from an IANZ, NATA or MRA partner laboratory (test report must bear the accreditation body’s endorsement) to the appropriate standard(s) covering the product to be certified,
  • OR A CB report and CB certificate from an IECEE CB Scheme laboratory where testing to an IEC or equivalent standard is covered by the Laboratory’s recognised scope and AS/NZS differences are included. Accreditation to AS/NZS 3112 is essential for assessment of integral plug portions (separate test report may be required).  Note: RMT / CTF4 reports are not accepted.