Applying for Certification under the ANZ Certification Program
Following the steps below will provide a smooth path to your product certification:
- Check that your product meets the requirements for certification and you have test reports demonstrating this (see Information Required for Certification, below). If you are unsure as to what is required or if you do not have test reports, UL can assist. Contact Customer Service for advice and to obtain a quote for the services you require.
- If you wish to use an agent to act on your behalf, you will have to first sign an agreement authorising that agent.
- Complete and sign the application form and, if necessary, complete the model details spreadsheet, to apply for new certification, renewing certification, a replacement certificate or registering a product modification or change of particulars.
- Send the application documents and the required information to one of the addresses below. Samples are not required unless requested by the Certificate Office. Submissions by email are preferred and are required if the model details spreadsheet is completed.
|CustomerService.ANZ@ul.com||PO Box 300 330 Albany
|54 Tarndale Grove Albany
The certification process commences when all the required information has been received and the certification fee has been paid (unless prior credit arrangements have been agreed). The maximum turnaround time is ten working days, but we aim to provide turnaround in five or less days. A priority service can be provided subject to workload at the time. Contact Customer Service to enquire about the priority service.
Information Required for ANZ Certification
Where a Certificate of Approval, or a Certificate of Suitability for non EESS in-scope products, is to be issued, a complying test report or test reports to the appropriate standard covering the product to be certified. Test reports must be accredited (they must bear the accreditation body’s logo or other proof must be provided), be in English and from either:
- An IANZ, NATA or MRA partner laboratory.
- Recognised IECEE CB Scheme laboratory where testing to an IEC or equivalent standard is covered by the Laboratory’s recognised scope and AS/NZS differences are included. Accreditation to AS/NZS 3112 is essential for assessment of integral plug portions. Copies of the IECEE CB Scheme Certificate are required. Note that RMT test reports are not accepted.
- Details of product marking, instruction sheets and critical component listing.
- External and internal colour photographs and technical drawings that enable proper identification of the product and any key design features, or a sample of the product.
- Where a Certificate of Conformity or a Certificate of Suitability is to be issued for EESS in-scope products, a complying test report as for (1) above, except that such reports must bear the test laboratory’s accreditation body’s endorsement and all CB reports must be accompanied by a CB certificate.